Wednesday 16 June 2021

Five Unintentionally Funny Email Typos

Electronic communication is a huge boon, but sometimes due to fast fingers and faulty keys, the most hilarious typos can result and sometimes we click the SEND button too quickly.

Here are some of the most disastrous mistakes I've ever made in an email.

1. Bad signoff

This one was a good case study for using email signatures in order to avoid having to type the same thing over and over. Because mistakes can arise from repetitive action. In this case, I accidentally hit the "t" key instead of the "g".

Something silly.

Therefore, "kind regards" at the end of the email turned into "kind retards". Which is not only factually incorrect, but also politically incorrect.

2. In hindsight

You know how sometimes you want to send off a quick attachment through email but don't want to write a wall of text for what is otherwise a pretty self-explanatory thing? In those cases, you say "as attached" and send.

Butt seriously...

Well, there was this one time I did that, and soon after I heard giggling at the other end of the office. Apparently in my haste, I had added an extra "s" and it had become "ass attached".

3. ...out of nothing at all

If you didn't get the Air Supply reference in the title of this segment, no sweat - we're getting there.

What happened was, a user asked me to make some changes to a module, but due to the high usage in the afternoon, I felt it was safer to deploy to Production in the wee hours of the night. I tried to reply to the email to that effect; unfortunately, in a certain word, I accidentally typed "o" instead of "i".

Beary sexy.

So yeah, I basically sent a message to the effect of "I'll make love for you after midnight" when I actually meant "live". If I actually get slapped with a sexual harassment suit, this is gonna be my defense.

4. "o" dear!

Occasionally, certain keys get stuck. For one keyboard, it was the letter "o". Which, by itself, isn't such a disaster.

The missing 'o'.

However during some correspondence with a user, I requested a "running count" and as you can imagine, Murphy's Law ensured that I sent the text "running cunt" instead.

Ouch!

5. X-rated autocorrect

This one wasn't so much a typo as an autocorrect. While advising a colleague in email to use the Camel Case convention for the code base, the email client's autocorrect feature changed the word to "cameltoe".

Toe-tally.

Yes, that was a horrendous mistake. And I have no clue why the laptop did this. Honestly, "cameltoe" is not a word I use very often. In my defense. the laptop I was using at the time was actually company property, so the accrued vocabulary could have come from a previous user.

Terrible, terrible, typos

It's all fun and games until a finger slips and you send the email. Take a second or two to proofread - easier said than done when you're really busy, I know - and you may be thankful you did!

Kind retgards,
T___T

No comments:

Post a Comment